With Halloween lurking around the corner, like your neighbor’s creepily masked kid trying to frighten you as you get home, can you think of a better time for another fun, insightful and fulfilling blog post about fun facts and warnings of the upcoming holiday?
We didn’t think so! Sit back, relax, read on and enjoy the eerie knowledge we plan to cover you with, the same way those teenage kids cover your house with toilet paper for passing out dental floss. Breaking News: They prefer candy.
- Halloween started in Ireland and originated from the Celtic end-of-harvest festival of Samhain. This festival consisted of lighting bonfires and wearing costumes to fight off evil spirits.
- It is feared that on Halloween the boundary between the living and dead is blurred as both walk amongst each other. Humans therefore wear masks and dress up so the spirits do not recognize them.
- Orange and Black are the main colors of Halloween because orange represents the harvest while black represent the death of summer.
Cheesy Joke #1: Why don’t skeletons go to scary movies?
They don’t have the guts!
- Trick-or-treating started from the superstition that ghosts could disguise themselves as humans that knock on doors for food or money. It was believed that if they were denied, the spirit would haunt that human.
- Black cats and witches are forever tied together because it was once believed that the cats protected the powers of the witches.
- Halloween only trails Christmas as the highest grossing commercial holiday!
Cheesy Joke #2: Why do mummies have trouble keeping friends?
They’re too wrapped up in themselves!
- The White House is haunted! Most ghost sightings are that of Abraham Lincoln. Spooky!
- The Michael Myers mask from the horror classic ‘Halloween’ is actually a $2 Star Trek William Shatner mask. The crew was on a tight budget so they reshaped the eye holes and painted it white to achieve the creepy look you know and love today!
- The heaviest pumpkin in history weighed in at 2,323 pounds.
Now that you’ve been educated on the holiday, cheesy jokes and random facts, we want to wish everyone a safe and Happy Halloween. Remember you are too old to be trick-or-treating if you ask for high fiber candy and are losing breath going from door to door. Never trick-or-treat in deserted towns, houses with bloody chainsaws outside or near people summoning demons! Enjoy.
Final Cheesy Joke: What do vegan zombies say?
(You’ll thank us later when you are the life of your Halloween party with these great jokes… Happy Halloween!)